March 12, 2020 - TCO
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Patient Safety Message
At Twin Cities Orthopedics, the health and safety of our patients and staff is always our number one priority. With this in mind, we are continuing to closely monitor the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) outbreak. In addition to staying in constant contact with the Minnesota Department of Health, we are staying up-to-date with the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO).
- In an effort to keep everyone safe, we are asking all patients/visitors to NOT enter the building, and instead call to reschedule appointments if the following apply to you:
- Experiencing flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath)
- Travel identified as a Level 3 risk by the CDC with a return date in the past 14 day
- In our sustained efforts to reduce person-to-person contact, we have been reducing the number of elective surgeries in our facilities, and will completely cease elective surgical operations effective March 23rd.
- We are not allowing any visitors to accompany a patient into the building
- Note: Only exception being compassionate care/elderly & pediatric patients
- We will now be offering virtual care for orthopedic needs and physical therapy appointments.
We will continue taking extra precautions to provide the safest environment possible for our patients and staff. For any questions about your appointment, or to schedule Virtual Care, please call 952.456.7777. For questions regarding your care, please contact your provider clinic directly.
The steps to protect yourself from Coronavirus (COVID-19) are generally the same as those for the flu:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a household cleaning spray or wipe.
For information on prevention, symptoms and what to do if you’re feeling sick, please call the Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline at 651-201-3920.
Orthopedic Urgent Care Patient Safety Message: Please Review
We are taking extra precautions to provide the safest environment possible for our patients and staff. Please read the below carefully.
NEW + ACUTE INJURIES ONLY:
Orthopedic Urgent Care visits will be limited only to patients who need medical attention for the treatment of new, acute injuries, and have been cleared by our current COVID screenings.
NON-ACUTE INJURIES – FUTURE APPOINTMENT:
Patients presenting to Orthopedic Urgent Care for treatment of non-acute/non-urgent orthopedic conditions will be asked to schedule a future appointment.
Non-acute injury criteria below:
- Non-traumatic cause of pain
- Pain not resulting from recent injury
- Chronic pain
- Established patient presenting for treatment of known diagnoses
- Patient requesting an injection
Thank you for your understanding and support. Our patients will always be our top priority, and although this was a difficult decision, we believe it is necessary in order to preserve the long-term health and well-being of our patients and care teams.